Orkestra is looking for a Business Analyst to help in the development and implementation of supply chain solutions for our customers.
Orkestra SCS is a logistics tech company that has developed a cloud-based supply chain management platform that helps businesses improve customer service, save costs, and reduce their environmental footprints. Disruptions in supply chain technology have been long overdue and the COVID-19 crisis has only highlighted the need for innovation in this space.
- Analyzing data sets to identify trends and develop insights
- Initial cleansing of customer data sets ensuring the data is in a workable format and seeking clarifications/additional data if necessary
- Crafting concise and persuasive pitch decks to win business from new and existing customers
- Participating and contributing to customer pitch calls/meetings
- Improving existing and developing new supply chain analytics and data visualization tools
- Collaborating with the Orkestra team in due diligence and solution development processes, as well as supporting other functions such as sales from the RFI stage through the presentation, decision, and resolution stages
- Facilitating communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure full understanding of business requirements and desired outcomes
- Other duties, as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Freight Forwarding or Logistics Operations - some experience is desired, but not necessary
- Strong organizational and planning skills - organized approach to day-to-day work. Ability to establish clear goals. Result oriented.
- Detail oriented - attention to detail and ability to analyze large volumes of data, identify trends and generate actionable insights. Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Good communicator – Ability to listen, understand and formulate clear propositions/positions. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills – Strong interpersonal skills to interact with many different groups within the organization and externally to existing and potential customers.
- Presentation skills – Ability to clearly present ideas and solutions to both internal and external audiences
- Technical Applications - Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly Excel, analytical functions, Pivot Tables, Macros/VBA) and data visualization software (Power BI), as well as have experience in database management/querying and usage of ERP/TMS/WMS. Software development skills would be a definite plus.
- Education – College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree; professional Supply Chain certification (APICS CSCP or equivalent) is preferred.