We are looking for a high-performing Sales Director in North America (US,CA). The key objective of this role is to lead our sales efforts and generate opportunities and new sales for the business.
The Sales Director responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships, and understanding customer trends.
We are looking for someone with passion for sales, who is willing to go the last mile to secure new business, who knows how to build relationships and trust with potential customers with patience and sensitivity and the right words and voice.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Own and meet / exceed annual sales targets
- Develop strategic plans and execute against it to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Work with customers to better understand their business needs and goals
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Engineering, Product and Marketing
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development
- Develop and promote weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales objectives
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Marketing, International Management, Business Administration, or any other related field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant sales experience in B2B solution sales within a complex business environment
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Proven track record in sales conversion success, building sustainable relationships with customers and growing a business
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Experience working with CRM platforms (HubSpot preferred)
- Knowledge in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, and Freight Forwarding as well as Technology is a pre-requisite
- Outstanding communication skills are a must have for this position, in both verbal and written form
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, especially executive and C-level
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills and the ability to understand, clarify and resolve issues and concerns of prospects and potential customers.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong leadership and team building skills