- Provide full visibility throughout the entire logistics chain
- Assess competitiveness of ocean freight and domestic trucking rates
- Create a scalable digital solution to reduce reliance on people to perform redundant tasks
- Digitally integrate external partner network data with internal operations
- Analyzed and renegotiated ocean freight and domestic trucking contracts
- Implement an order management solution to remove uncertainty with suppliers while providing visibility across the organization on when an order was accepted, in production, and ready to ship
- 15% cost savings in ocean freight as well as domestic trucking
- Eliminated thousands of hours on an annual basis of process redundancies
- Full visibility across all elements of the company’s supply chain with a single source of truth that’s scalable
Renegotiating the ocean freight and domestic trucking carrier rates netted the grocery store about 15% in cost savings each.
In addition, moving away from the manual spreadsheet entries and into automation has saved the business thousands of hours of labor per year, not including inquiries from others that needed information from the spreadsheet who can now access Orkestra’s platform on their own, anytime, from anywhere.
Grocery chains are concerned with a metric known as On Time in Full (OTIF). Companies with better OTIF scores receive more or new business, while those who fail to hit targets are penalized or even fired.
Orkestra’s platform, complete with carton-level execution control and 4PL operational support, allowed this grocery store supplier to perform at an exceptionally high OTIF level, securing their position as a preferred, trusted vendor.